Your Prim/Country Craft Pattern Store...

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Raggedy "Hair" Tutorial from Old Road Primitives...



Raggedy “Hair” Tutorial from ORP! To get started we will start with Picture #1-Wrap a strand of yarn around your fingers several times to form loops as shown in picture #1. Picture #2-Starting hand stitching these loops at the top/center of the raggedy’s head. I hand stitch the loops right down the seam line of the head. Picture #3-When the hair on one side is finished, continue stitching the loops down the other side of the head. I usually try to not go any further down the head then the temples with the hair. Picture #4-This is the “wild” shot. The top is now finished. One more step to go. Picture #5-Start stitching the loops across the back of the raggedy’s head in a straight line. When you are all finished you can go back and clip the top of each loop or you can leave your raggedy’s hair “loopy”. I like to clip each loop but leave a few “loops” in the bang area. I especially like to leaves some “loops” on my girl raggedies.

Happily linking to...
http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/2014/06/sew-darn-crafty-linky-party_15.html

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job! I'm visiting from the Sew Darn Crafty party... Pinning this! =) Have a great weekend!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. Your dolls are the cutest. I think I'll try my hand at this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Back in the day I used to make Raggedy Ann/Andy dolls and always used the loop technique, but sure would have loved to have known about your method. It looks so much better!

    ReplyDelete